Mar 30, 2020 - TEMPORARY CLOSURES
As we navigate this evolving situation, some Shake Shacks across the U.S. may be impacted by temporary closures over the coming weeks. Below is a list of U.S. restaurants that are currently closed. For the most updated information on international Shake Shack operations, visit their respective social media pages.
• Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TX
• Florida Mall, FL
• Forest Hills, NY
• Hudson Yards, NY
• King of Prussia Mall, PA
• Mall of America, MN
• McCarran International Airport, NV
• MGM, NV
• MGM National Harbor, MD
• Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport, MN
• The Somerset Collection, MI
• Woodbury Common, NY
For those that remain open*, we have shifted to a “to-go” only model. Guests will be able to place to-go orders in the restaurant, pre-order on shakeshack.com, the Shack App for pickup, or order for delivery through Grubhub and Seamless in all cities, as well as other providers such as Postmates, DoorDash, Caviar and UberEats in certain locales.
As always, we’re thankful for the privilege to serve you.
*Some Shacks may be operating on adjusted hours. For the most updated hours, call your local Shack.
Mar 17, 2020 - AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT OUR HARTSDALE SHACK
Last night, Monday March 16th, we learned that a team member at our Hartsdale Shack received a positive test for COVID-19 – the only confirmed case at any Shake Shack. The team member wasn’t feeling well upon arriving for a shift last Friday, March 13th and was immediately sent home.
We’re temporarily closing the Shack for a top-to-bottom clean and sanitization. We’ve asked all employees who worked with the diagnosed team member to self-quarantine for 14 days, per CDC guidelines, and we expect the restaurant to remain closed until further notice given staff availability.
The health and safety of our team members and our guests is of the utmost importance and we will continue to do everything we can to protect our community. We urge any guests concerned about possible exposure to look toward the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for guidelines.
We will update you as soon as we are ready to reopen and hope to see you soon.
Mar 16, 2020 - SHAKE SHACK WILL TEMPORARILY SHIFT TO A “TO-GO” MODEL IN ALL COMPANY-OWNED U.S. RESTAURANTS
NEW YORK, March 16, 2020 — Shake Shack (NYSE: SHAK), announced that starting today, it will temporarily shift to a “to-go” only operating model in all of its U.S. company-owned restaurants, as the COVID-19 situation continues to rapidly evolve. Guests will be able to place to-go orders in the restaurant, pre-order on shakeshack.com, the Shack App for pickup, or order for delivery through Grubhub and Seamless in all cities, as well as other providers such as Postmates, DoorDash, Caviar and UberEats in certain locales. Out of concern for the well-being of its guests, team members and community, dining rooms will be closed.
Shake Shack restaurants across the country may also be impacted by closures or reduced hours over the coming weeks.
“As we navigate this evolving situation, we’ll continue to act in the interest of the safety of our team and our guests,” said Randy Garutti, Shake Shack CEO.“We’re committed to doing our part as a company to play a proactive role in protecting our communities. I am endlessly inspired by and proud of our teams as they act quickly in these uncertain times, and grateful to our guests for their continued trust and support. When the time comes to re-open our dining rooms as the community gathering place we were born to be, our teams will be ready. Until, then we are thankful for the privilege to serve our guests safely.”
Mar 12, 2020 - CARING FOR OUR SHACK COMMUNITY
To our Shack Community,
Hospitality is about being on your side. Shake Shack’s role in the world has always been to enrich the lives of others. It’s about putting our people first and ensuring the wellbeing of our team members, guests, and communities. With that as our guide, and in response to the current COVID-19, or coronavirus, we wanted to give you an update on how we’re staying on top of it in all our restaurants.
Throughout our 16 years of serving you, you’ve trusted us to keep the highest levels of cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety. Over the last few weeks, we’ve built on the many procedures we’ve long had in place to further strengthen our approach in this current moment.
Things may look and feel a bit different in your local Shack right now and we appreciate you understanding how we’re operating to keep you safe. In addition to our usual routines, here are some of the extra measures we’ve introduced that you’ll see the next time you visit a Shack:
• We’ve added extra requirements and increased frequency for disinfecting surfaces and deep cleaning throughout the day.
• We’re stationing sanitizing wipes at all of our kiosks and condiment stations, and additional hand sanitizer dispensers for guests will be available.
• All condiments, utensils, and self-serve items will now be handed out by our Shack team upon request.
• All mobile, to-go and delivery orders will be placed in a new, fully sealed bag.
• We’re consistently emphasizing the importance of the health and well-being of our team members. We offer sick pay to our whole team nationwide and are making sure anyone feeling sick knows to stay home. Rest assured, we’ll be taking care of our team during this time.
• We will continue to follow updates and protocol suggested by the CDC, local Departments of Public Health, and World Health Organization to best ensure the safety of our guests and team members.
• As this is a fluid situation, you may see certain Shacks adjusting hours or modifying our operations. There may even be moments where we temporarily choose to close a Shack if we feel it’s in the interest of the safety of our team and community.
During this time, we also want to remind you that you can always pre-order through our app or web channels and we’ll have your order waiting on our pick-up shelves when you walk in.
And if you want to hang at home, we’ll bring your order straight to your doorstep with delivery from Grubhub or Seamless.
As always, we’re thankful for the privilege to serve you.
CEO, Shake Shack