Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
- Lead a team that is responsible for timely and accurate invoice and payment processing, as well as for vendor statement reconciliations. Oversees transaction processing volumes, prepare monthly metrics and ensure that all deadlines are adhered to. Oversees the corporate card program, which includes managing the functions of T&E, P Card and Single Use Accounts.
- Partner with Suppliers and Shack business partners to resolve invoicing and payment issues. Oversee that SLA of 1-2 business days is adhered to for all A/P customer service inquiries.
- Continuously improve processes to enable our business to scale and maintain a strong internal control environment on A/P business processes. Drive compliance as it relates to the company’s Procure to Pay program. Help to facilitate the adoption of electronic and paperless initiatives within the A/P function. Work closely with IT team on maintaining and improving underlying systems.
- Assist the Accounting team with month-end accruals and account reconciliations. Assist with the preparation of A/P reports and metrics. Provide support to the A/P Manager with projects as needed.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Business
- Full cycle Procure to Pay; fluent in both manual and electronic invoicing and PO methods
- PTP Systems (Workday or other equivalent ERP), third party in/out bound interfaces
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, V look-ups
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- At least 1 year of supervisor experience
- ERP experience preferred
- Restaurant and public company experience preferred
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."