Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Staff Accountant- Leases
The Staff Accountant, Leases will work closely with landlords to ensure each account is current in accordance with the lease. They will be responsible for ensuring lease payments and landlord deliverables are timely and communications with landlords are clear and effective. The Staff Accountant may be asked to assist in month-end and year-end closing responsibilities including, but not limited to assisting with account reconciliations and preparing appropriate adjusting journal entries. They may also be required to assist in ad hoc reporting and other projects.
- Lease administration and accounting including review and analysis of newly signed real estate leases and maintaining lease information files, in accordance with Shake Shack’s financial responsibilities as dictated by the lease terms (i.e. Base Rent, CAM, Taxes, Utilities). This position will liaise internally with Shake Shack Development, Legal and Accounts Payable Teams and externally with Landlord’s.
- Processing invoices for payment including acquiring appropriate supporting documentation, verification of Shake Shack’s responsibility and acquiring approvals as needed. Reconciliation of accounts with Landlord records.
- Other Duties and Ad Hoc Projects may include: calculating %age Rent, assisting in the recording and tracking of tenant improvement allowances, assisting in the annual external financial statement audit and providing support to cross functional teams.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related experience
- Able to work independently and with others in a fast-paced environment
- Strong reading, analytical and Excel skills
- Familiarity with leases preferred
- CPA preferred
- At least 1+ year experience as a Lease Accounting Analyst, Lease Accountant or in Lease Administration preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.