Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Staff Accountant, Financial Reporting
The Staff Accountant, Financial Reporting will be instrumental in the external reporting process, assisting in the preparation of all reports filed with the SEC. This individual will also have responsibility for the accounting and administration of Shake Shack’s equity incentive plan.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of various reports with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K (earnings press releases), proxy statements and other filing documents.
- Prepare supporting schedules, documentation, and analyses to support the financial statements, footnotes and MD&A disclosures.
- Assist with Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules and reports for debt covenant compliance
- Coordinate information requests and data gathering for Census Bureau reporting
- Interface with key contributors to the SEC reports, including Legal, Finance, Tax, FP&A, Supply Chain, Operations, IT, Construction/Real Estate, People Resources and Marketing.
- Work with external auditors in conjunction with the annual year-end audit and interim reviews.
- Assist with administering the Company’s equity incentive plan, including interfacing with People Resources for timely and accurate issuance, vesting, and cancellation of awards.
- Assist in accounting for stock-based compensation including the preparation of grant-date fair value calculations and quarterly stock-based compensation expense.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for various equity awards, stock option exercises, and award vesting.
- Perform monitoring and tracking of share and ownership activity
- Assist in the preparation of EPS calculations
Other Duties and Ad Hoc Projects:
- Remain current on new and upcoming accounting guidance issued by the FASB and SEC.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for the Audit Committee.
- Prepare documentation and facilitate testing of internal controls surrounding the financial reporting and equity processes to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Continuously assess financial reporting and equity processes for process improvements.
- Prepare reports/analyses and participate in other projects as needed
Skills & Knowledge
- BS/BA in Accounting required.
- CPA or progress towards CPA required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (vlookup, if statements, pivot tables, etc).
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules.
- 2-4 years of public/private accounting experience (2 years minimum at Big 4 public accounting firm required).
- Experience with Workiva a plus.
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Experience with Solium (Shareworks) a plus.
- Restaurant/retail industry experience a plus.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.