Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Sr. Marketing Analyst
Shake Shack is looking for a passionate and strategic-minded Sr. Marketing Analyst to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is well-versed in customer journeys and marketing funnel metrics and is eager to use data to inform strategic marketing decisions. They will translate complex and at times disparate research learnings into narrative and data-driven analyses that clearly communicate findings and implications for cross-functional stakeholders. The candidate must comfortably operate BI tools to creatively building complex dashboards and data visualizations. The ideal candidate will also have solid data mining capabilities, experience in campaign analytics, customer lifecycle analysis, and predictive modelling. This person will report to the Director of Consumer Strategy & Insights.
- Synthesize disparate data sources into digestible and actionable reports to be distributed cross-functionally, identifying and communicating key strategic implications from your analysis
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all phases of analytic work: from problem definition to requirements gathering to visual representation of results
- Serve as a key resource for understanding consumer behavior and own segmentation of guest base for optimal marketing
- Interpret and present/report actionable data insights that will drive revenue growth, improved ROI, customer retention, marketing effectiveness, and profitability
- Develop forecasting and predictive tools to shape marketing and business ROI decisions including attribution modeling, marketing mix modeling, geographic, behavioral, and category purchase modeling
- Generate analytical insights that drive the performance of a large-scale loyalty program
- Establish mechanisms for standard program/campaign performance measurement
- Create custom analysis that adds strategic value to the understanding of customer behavior and/or campaign performance
- Evaluate business performance against trending data, customer buying patterns, market dynamics, predictive models and previous campaign analysis
- Partner digital team to establish and continually improve segmentation strategy, monitoring customer migration, identify customer lifecycles, incorporate lifetime value (LTV), and develop personalization schema for both prospecting and re-engagement
- Work closely with IT and Integration teams to define, roadmap and implement data ingestion, data model, data transformation, and data/analytics capabilities requirements for our centralized data platform, build out capabilities (e.g. new data sources, reporting tools, API, models, etc)
- 4+ years of expert-level experience with Tableau and other BI tools
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields preferred
- Proficiency in data analysis, interpretation and presentation using MS Office tools is essential
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and Agile development lifecycle desired
- Ability to take complex data and visualize it into a business story
- Attention to detail, high aptitude for problem-solving and a natural interest in understanding and explaining consumer behavior/business
- Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and visualizations is required
- Experience with the restaurant industry is a plus
- 2+ years of Alteryx experience preferred
- Strong SQL development skills desired, writing complex queries and stored procedures with SQL
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.