Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst
The Senior Consumer Insights Analyst is responsible for analytics and insight that support sales and marketing strategy. The analyst will also be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining advance analytic tools/ dashboards.
The ideal candidate has a strong knowledge of Tableau, creativity in finding solutions for data visualization and hands-on experience in building complex dashboards. The ideal candidate will also have solid data mining capabilities campaign analytics, customer analysis, and predictive modelling.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team of analytical professionals that partners up with Business and Technology to design innovative, value-adding customer engagement solutions.
- Develop advanced dashboards and self-serve tools using Tableau, including dashboard design and development, as well as design and development of underlying data structure
- Serve as a key resource for understanding consumer behavior and own segmentation of guest base for optimal marketing
- Generate analytical insights that drive the performance of a large-scale loyalty program
- Establish mechanisms for standard program/campaign performance measurement
- Create custom analysis that adds strategic value to the understanding of customer behaviour and/or campaign performance
- Check data integrity and manipulate large volumes of data
- Communicate findings to senior executives in the organization
- Contribute to process standardization and creation of scalable solutions
- Provide education and subject matter expertise to the leadership team and on the interpretation of data, and the functionality of decision support tools
Skills & Knowledge
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields preferred
- Proficiency in data analysis, interpretation and presentation using MS Office tools is essential
- Strong SQL development skills desired, writing complex queries and stored procedures with SQL, PL/SQL and T-SQL
- Solid understanding of the structure of relational databases
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large data sets
- Ability to take complex data and visualize it into a business story
- Ability to develop analytical frameworks and generate/communicate business insights
- Attention to detail, high aptitude for problem-solving and a natural interest in understanding and explaining consumer behaviour/business
- Strong knowledge of best practices for dashboards and visualizations is required
- 4+ years of expert-level experience with Tableau and other BI tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and Agile development lifecycle desired
- Experience with the restaurant industry is a plus
- 2+ years of Alteryx experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.