Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Quality Assurance SpecialistSupports the Quality Assurance team to maintain effective food safety systems, procedures and record keeping. Communicates with and assists internal and external partners.
- Independently manages food safety related audits including NSF audits, health inspections and self-audits.
- Develops food safety related content to support the growth of food safety culture in the Shacks.
- Ensures all QA systems are set-up for NSO including set-up of food safety technology, pest control and identifying local regulations.
- Tracks quality and safety complaints to identify areas of risk.
- Support ongoing product quality testing through product evaluations, data input and summarization of findings.
- Ensures supplier 3rd party audits are up to date.
- Documents product formulas and conducts product yield studies.
- Ensures departmental project management tasks by coordinating timelines and project status updates.
Skills & Knowledge
- Associate's Degree is Food Science, Culinary, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Health Department regulations preferred
- Restaurant or food safety experience is a plus!
- At least 2-4 years of previous experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.