Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Social Media Community Manager
Shake Shack is looking for an experienced Social Media Community Manager to join our Social Team! This person will be the eyes, ears and voice of Shake Shack on social media, cultivating an active and engaged digital community, while also representing the voice of the guest internally. Core responsibilities include monitoring and interacting across all social media channels, managing the social arm of our hospitality team, sharing daily content on social media channels, identifying social trends and pertinent conversations, cultivating relationships with potential influencers and performance reporting.
This role is highly collaborative and will report directly to the Sr. Social Media Manager. Our ideal candidate is food, pop culture, and community-obsessed with a team player attitude, a strong sense of creativity, excellent communication and writing skills, and is a multi-tasker that will hit deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This position is based in our New York City office.
- Lead proactive and reactive engagement strategy across social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube to harness the power of our digital community, gain insights, and connect with customers, fans, and critics
- Monitor relevant conversations and engage with consumers to enhance brand reputation and drive advocacy
- Identify trends, opportunities, and ideas to support development of content strategy
- Identify opportunities to surprise, delight, and show our community members how much we appreciate them
- Source potential influencers and creators for team to partner with
- Support influencer post tracking
- Source UGC and community stories for content (including downloading and editing)
- Monitor social media channels outside of standard work hours in partnership with hospitality team
- Partner with Hospitality team as primary marketing contact
- Lead the revamp and standardization for engagement responses and guidelines for frequently asked questions and new product launches
- Publish content across social channels
- Provide and execute 360 social support plans for launches/activations
- Share community insights with marketing team and larger team when necessary (e.g. new menu item feedback)
- Engage with PR team for real-time crisis management
Skills & Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant and upcoming social media channels + platforms, and how each platform can be leveraged in different scenarios
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of all social media channels, uses them effectively for work and personal
- Ability to write and edit communications and articulate the brand 'voice' in a creative, compelling, and witty manner
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work through analyzing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and to understand the most effective and efficient means to accomplish tasks within the parameters of the organizational structure, processes, systems, and policies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and a knack for problem solving
- Finger on the pulse of culture
- Passionate about food, hospitality and the overall guest experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in social media marketing
- Experience in community management function preferred
- Experience working with community management tools including Sprinklr, Sprout Social, etc.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.