Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Solution Architect – Digital
The Senior Solution Architect – Digital is part of the Digital Technology team enabling agility within Shake Shack by ensuring a connected and informed enterprise and ecosystem of guest-facing technology. They develop and maintain current and target state architectures for Shake Shack’s websites, mobile apps, kiosk, kitchen and related digital and enterprise products looking to improve the Guest experience along all touchpoints.
The ideal candidate is an execution-oriented, agile-minded, cloud focused evangelists of architecture as a means of accelerating time to market, increasing productivity and responding to changes with fast, well-informed and data driven decisions. He/she is a dynamic technologist who loves solving complex business challenges and can connect the dots between systems and data.
He/she is responsible for providing leadership, technology design expertise, direction, coordination, and consultation, in the development, integration, launch, scaling, and maintenance of new and existing products and solutions within the digital and data areas.
This role will be at the forefront of driving Shake Shacks aggressive digital agenda where being able to balance proven architectural methodologies and principles with taking calculated risks for the sake of an optimized Guest Experience will be a necessity.
- Develops and maintains current and target state architectures at the digital product & store system level across Business, Information, Application, Data and Technology domains
- Identify new technology, processes, and integrations that help unlock digital capabilities across the Guest and Operator experiences
- Follows & helps improve established methodology to plan, design, and support development and agile delivery of projects/products
- Evaluate and select technologies, tools, and vendors to execute on Shake Shacks current and future state roadmaps
- Align on best practices for 3rd party and internal data integrations
- Manage and build a team of FTE and vendor resources to achieve business and personal career goals
Skills & Knowledge
- Worked previously in eCommerce, QSR, Retail, Hospitality fields as Solution or Enterprise architecture focused on Consumer Facing Channels
- Experience hiring, developing, and leading internal & external software engineering & architecture teams across, Mobile, Web, Data, and Cloud Infrastructure products
- Demonstrated Agile practice background; Experience with SaFE Agile Principles preferred.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors – onshore, nearshore, and offshore
- Experience in building/ improving scalable and secure platforms using AWS Serverless Technologies
- History of taking smart, calculated risks and aggressively leading through change
- Experience growing an internal team of full-time employees
- Ability to communicate modern and legacy engineering strategy to senior technology members and executive team members
- Demonstrated ability to implement forward looking innovative software engineering solutions to drive business value leveraging modern design principles
- Experience with market leading iPaaS, building Integration platform between Digital Systems and Store Systems
- Experience in designing data integrations working in complex data environments
- Nice to have – Hands on experience in J2EE using Spring Boot or similar enterprise level frameworks
- At least 10 years of experience
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Mathematics
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.