Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Real Estate Manager
The Senior Real Estate Manager supports and executes the Real Estate and Growth Strategies of the Company within their given region. In the role, this person drives site selection and is the primary deal-maker for their region, while closely working with the Director of Real Estate and Real Estate Committee to set national strategy. In this role the Senior Real Estate Manager is an ambassador of the brand and relationship manager, ensuring timely internal and external communication on Real Estate matters, and furthers the development of internal protocols and procedures as they relate to property and real estate management. This position actively embodies and inspires skills that will elevate the core values and mission of Shake Shack.
1. Implement site selection and deal-making for new Shake Shack locations in their Region
- Lead site identification, travel with Director of Real Estate in pursuit of properties and market tours.
- Interact and manage brokers and other consultants in specified markets with direction from Director of Real Estate
- Draft and organize Letters of Intent, Work Letters and Terms Sheets
- Assist in lease negotiations and the creation of lease exhibits
- Assist in the transition from lease negotiation to design and construction
- Lead their squad (peer partners) throughout the development process with weekly meetings
- Track and ensure due diligence is run and reported on for every site
- Ensure timely information is secured for deal making, including liquor license issues, permitting timelines, tenant criteria, sign criteria, impact fees, RE taxes, etc.
2. Manage Real Estate Committee Packages and Lead Research
- Responsible for assembly of Real Estate Committee packages for their region, including timely assembly of proformas, demographics, analytics, LOIs, LODs, design criteria, area maps, site photos, construction budgets, sales forecast, etc.
- Lead effort to capture market strategies and deploy effective tools for communicating efforts and strategy to Exec team and board
- Work closely with third party analytics team to create tools for Real Estate to build strong business cases
3. Ensure timely organization and communication of all real estate activity (internal and external)
- Update and maintain Deal Tracking Report and Pipeline Status Report
- Organize and maintain a database of LOIs, LODs, and design criteria for use by the various teams as necessary.
- Return calls to prospective landlords and investigate early deal potentials.
- Respond to inquiries and cold calls as directed
- Establish and deploy effective lease abstract or other tool (transition to lease admin)
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Urban Planning or other Associated Field
- Background in restaurant development
- 6-8 years’ experience in Real Estate Industry
- Experience in Real Estate Finances
- 40-50% travel required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."