Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Manager, User Experience Design
The Senior Manager, User Experience Design will lead the overall design process for Shake Shack’s suite of Digital Products: App, Kiosk, web, and emerging tech. They will own multiple elements across the design spectrum, including concepting, wireframing, prototyping, iteration, and detailed design in service of bringing intuitive, user-centric design to life. The ideal candidate will have 6-10 years of experience working in an agile environment and has deep expertise in multi-platform UX. Additionally, candidates must be able to accurately assess effort and deliver high-quality designs in accordance with project timelines. Fluency with digital prototyping and design tools (Adobe suite, Figma, etc.) required. Please provide professional portfolio in application.
- Translate product requirements and concepting into wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for product, IT, and engineering teams to review.
- Lead user testing efforts and develop A/B testing efforts geared at optimizing the guest experience across platforms.
- Deliver and maintain completed detailed designs with annotations for handoff to engineering and project teams.
- Work directly with brand and creative teams to establish digital style guides and SOPs to enhance brand continuity
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Design or Digital Design
- Design tools: Adobe suite, Figma, etc.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer, UX designer or Digital Designer
- Experience leading design benchmarking for best-in-class design paradigms and the evolution of guest behavior
- Experience designing for omni-channel experiences (digital as connected to physical design and implementation) required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.