Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Manager of Payroll
- Develop and conduct weekly payroll transactions to ensure all amounts and payment dates are accurate which includes oversight of weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll for both Home Office and Shacks, including: garnishments, benefits, stock options, taxes and balancing the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies. Prepares departmental metrics and analytical reporting. Ensures that SOX payroll controls are in place and operating accordingly.
- Ensure payroll expense is allocated accurately. Ensure tax and insurance compliance including determining payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Oversee Workday ERP and partner with the business units and users to identify training and business operational needs and opportunities; captures business requirements and develops/designs system solutions.
- Provide Internal Communication and external support to employees and vendors. Ensure that SLA’s are adhered to as it relates to the Payroll function. Demonstrate business acumen for managing diverse staff, collaborating with other departments and working with individuals at various levels throughout the organization.
- Maintain proper documentation and knowledge to successfully respond and comply with federal and state labor audits.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
- Multistate Payroll; fluent in gross to net calculations
- Payroll systems (UltiPro, Workday or ADP), third party in/out bound interfaces
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, V look-ups
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- CPP Certification preferred
- At least 10 years of work and 7 years of supervisory experience
- Restaurant industry experience preferred
- Public company experience preferred
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."