Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Manager, FP&A
Responsible for budgeting and forecasting, long-term strategic planning, reporting and analysis. Performs ad hoc analyses and presentations. Provides timely, pertinent financial support and guidance/projections. Higher level thinking incorporates new ways of working. Ability to prioritize objectives and set team goals. Interface with management to understand organizational objectives and funnel down tasks to achieve goals.
1. Financial Planning & Analysis
- Review and approve planning methodology. Recommend new ways to plan for accuracy and efficiency. Able to explain methodology and rationale. Apply knowledge around best practices. Identify risks and opportunities.
2. Corporate Development
- Interface with management to describe scenarios of growth. Ability to identify and communicate risks / benefits of various scenarios. Understands the company-wide impact (both near and long-term) of making decisions.
- Recommend new reports. Identify sources of information that supplement existing reports. Ways to normalize data for use in reports to improve comparability.
4. Ad hoc support
- Ongoing support. Follow-up on recommendations made.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics (or other analytical field of study) preferred
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel.
- 7-10 years of FP&A experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."