Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Learning & Talent Development Specialist
This exciting hybrid role will work with the Director of Learning & Talent Development to create and facilitate innovative learning courses, web-based compliance, and development program offerings for Shake Shack. The Senior Learning Consultant will also use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video, and audio to communicate and educate various courses and workshops (facilitated, self-guided, and hybrid) for our team members, at all levels throughout their employment journey. This position will assist in leading the conceptualization of learning but will also be a writer, producer of content as well as facilitator of learning sessions.
In order to be considered for this position you must send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating your impressive Storyline and eLearning samples.
- Develops comprehensive training programs using different learning mediums (self-learning, instructor led learning, supplemental materials, interactive learnings) to drive desired outcomes.
- Works with SMEs or independently to assess learner needs and write outcomes-based courses, workshops, and other professional learning opportunities that align with best practices.
- Define role-differentiated pathways for learning and maps them out within and between courses.
- Write storyboards and scripts; produce tutorials using eLearning software (Articulate, Captivate, etc.).
- Develops and creates all multimedia needed for learning.
- Defines project schedules and manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assists in developing and managing the implementation of project plans, taking responsibility for project scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation, and communication to ensure the delivery of a solution within scope, timeline, and budget.
- Assists in presenting and rolling out developed material, based on plan design.
- Helps to re-conceptualize in-person professional development elements for online delivery as learning objects or experiences.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate ideas, concepts, and visions for learning projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Current on latest research and trends in online learning.
- Flexible nature and experience in working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate challenges.
- Intellectual curiosity that results in finding the better, simpler, and more effective ways to use tools and achieve results
- 5–7 years of experience conceptualizing and developing online learning for adult learners.
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree in instructional design preferred.
- Understanding of effective teaching methodologies and tools.
- Proven experience as a corporate trainer.
- Strong understanding and experience of e-learning content creation software, Articulate Storyline and SCORM packages, including presentations, videos, screencasts, etc.
- Experience in storyboarding and script writing.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal skills, and influencing skills at all management levels.
- Experience with video production and editing.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Colorado Applicants: $66,200- $86,000 base salary (potential for higher depending on experience)
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.