Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Financial Analyst – Shack Analysis & Support
Shake Shack is seeking an experienced, proactive, driven financial analyst in its Finance team. Through clean and accurate financial modeling, business driving quantitative analysis, and strategic thinking, you will play a critical role in driving decision-making and the Company’s overall business planning and forecasting process.
You will be a highly independent, self-starter who collaborates with functions across the company including direct interactions with the Area Directors and Regional Vice Presidents across the county in the company. This role is responsible for driving visibility into financial and operational performance for the Operations teams. This role will also be the point person for the field leadership within the finance team, so this analyst must possess strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple communications and priorities.
In addition to the relationship with the leaders of Operations, this role will be responsible for the planning, forecast and budgeting of many of our Shack expenses, including our Pre-Opening expenses and multiple Operational Expenses. They will also be responsible for performing ad-hoc analysis to create insights around sales and profit opportunities.
You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which includes managing expected and unexpected deadlines. You possess a high-level of intellectual curiosity and can influence others without direct authority.
- Business Partner to Area Directors and Regional Vice Presidents – strong, vocal and professional business partner to functions to assist them with understanding drivers and trends in their business, identify growth opportunities in the business and develop ideas with organization leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes
- Shack level P&L Analysis – responsible for performing analysis at the individual Shack level to find underlying opportunities and trends among Shacks at the market and regional level
- Enterprise Forecasting, Budgeting and Reporting – works closely with Operations teams and business leaders to gather insight into business trends to update monthly forecasts, key player in enterprise-wide annual budget process including consolidating inputs across organization and being able to have informed perspectives on results
Skills and Knowledge
- Retail or hospitality industry experience
- Experience supporting Operations function of a company
- P&L Management Experience
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and building dynamic financial models
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor based on audience and present confidently and cohesively
- Ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners some of whom will have little to no financial knowledge or training
- 4-6 years of related work experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Please attach a Cover Letter with your application
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.