Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Financial Analyst- FP&A
The Senior Financial Analyst is a challenging and rewarding role which requires strong FP&A skills, business acumen, excellent communication, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. This person is responsible for being both the finance lead for our new Shack development process, while also partnering with Marketing and Operations leaders to forecast, budget and performance variance analysis for sales and identifying sales trends and gaps. The analyst will be key in connecting where we are seeing our business evolve into with how we are predicting performance of Shacks that are yet to be opened.
Financial Planning, Analysis and Budgeting
- Review historical results to develop sensible basis upon which to forecast. Drive continuous improvement to forecasting models and process.
- Support the development and performance management of enterprise wide capital spend and operational expense targets.
- Support Enterprise multi-channel and functional annual planning, forecasting, and reporting.
- Prepare flexible and nimble financial models containing well-structured reporting outputs that facilitates insightful analysis and actions.
- Prepare final monthly analyse of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Proactively identify scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
- Support consolidated month-end close process; coordinating with accounting to write variance analysis commentary for P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
Development and New Shack Process
- Act as the finance lead for the modeling and reporting of new Shack performance and ProForma creation
- Provide support to Development Leadership on new Shack performance and results
- Propose scenarios that describe future growth plans. Run sensitivity analyses.
- Develop in depth analysis of current and future business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
Reporting and Ad Hoc Requests
- Be key support for C-suite level partners for insights on sales performance for store base
- Provide inputs into the Board of Directors and Quarterly/Annual Earnings process and be support to leadership for decision support around guidance and yearly goal scenarios
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or other analytical field of study preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and strong technology acumen
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Multi-unit restaurant, retail or manufacturing experience a plus
- Valuation experience is a plus
- Public company experiences preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.