Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Financial Analyst – Marketing and Culinary
The Senior Financial Analyst will work on projects across the team but the primary ownership will be to partner with our Culinary, Marketing and Sourcing teams to understand current trends, but more importantly use knowledge to build pro-active analysis and use a strategic mindset to drive the business forward. The ultimate goal of this role is for someone to drive analysis and visibility into how our menu items are performing and provide insights and recommendations to leadership on impacts to sales and profit of new items. In addition, this role will take on partnering with the Marketing and Tech teams on building a foundation of our guest insights reporting and partnering with the Insights team on better understanding our guest and how to extract insights from the data.
You will be a highly independent, self-starter who collaborates with functions across the company including direct interactions with the C-suite level executives in the company and members of the Executive and Leadership teams. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which includes managing expected and unexpected deadlines. You possess a high-level of intellectual curiosity and can influence others without direct authority.
- Culinary & Menu Item Analysis – responsible for providing analysis on sales and profitability performance of new and existing items, while also partnering with the leaders of the Marketing & Culinary steering committee to provide analysis to create business cases for new product launches and limited time offers
- Cost of Good Sold Analysis – responsible for partnering with SVP of Sourcing to track commodity fluctuations, share insights and be a partner to develop impacts to P&L on changes to COGS
- Business Partner to Functional Leads –strong, vocal and professional business partner to functions to assist them with understanding drivers and trends in their business, identify growth opportunities in the business and develop ideas with organization leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes
- Enterprise Forecasting, Budgeting and Reporting – works closely with Culinary, Marketing and Sourcing teams and business leaders to gather insight into business trends to update monthly forecasts, key player in enterprise-wide annual budget process including consolidating inputs across organization and being able to have informed perspectives on results.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and building dynamic financial models
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor based on audience and present confidently and cohesively
- Ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners some of whom will have little to no financial knowledge or training
- 4-6 years of FP&A experience
- Retail or hospitality, retail or CPG industry experience preferred
- Experience in banking or other financial institution
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.