Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Financial Analyst
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Partner with departments leaders to drive the budget and forecast process for all spend categories including payroll, marketing, technology, travel and facility expenses.
- Responsible for understanding unique and ongoing spend drivers to develop driver-based plans
- Provide accurate, real time and fact-based financial analysis to department heads including assessment of spend efficiency, measurement of scale to revenue, as well as the identification of opportunities for strategic adjustments and improvements
- Partner with accounting and department heads to understand operating expense results and business drivers during month-end close process
- Provide analytical support for forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects, analysis and business cases as requested
- Prepare flexible financial models with clean outputs.
- Support broader Enterprise FP&A team on ad-hoc analysis and projects
Internal Management Reporting
- Create, distribute and monitor reporting tools and custom dashboards tailored to teams’ needs that quickly convey business and result drivers
- Analyze actual financial results and explain variances from budget and prepare monthly reports and forecast estimates
- Provide monthly G&A reporting for our Enterprise Monthly Financial Reporting and Quarterly reporting for our Board Deck, Earnings Analysis and Quarterly Business Review
- Lead communication with functional partners regarding timelines, deliverables, and financial forecast business drivers
- Cross department collaboration, ensuring timely, confident and professional demeanor always.
- Maintain an empathetic perspective and positive relationship with business partners
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize work across various departments and their associated projects
- Curiosity to explore data from different angles, problem solve and think critically through complex solutions.
- Foundational accounting knowledge to best support budget management process.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Public company experiences preferred
- Multi-unit restaurant, retail, or manufacturing experience a plus
- Prior experience in finance support for budget management
- Experience in creating financial models
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."