Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Financial Analyst
1. Financial Planning
- Support Enterprise multi-channel and functional annual planning, forecasting, and reporting
- Develop and disseminate quarterly business reviews, annual budgets, and consolidated financial planning presentations for senior management
- Support cross functional business and performance management rhythms (month-end results, consolidated financial forecast)
- Support consolidated month-end close process; coordinating with accounting to write variance analysis commentary for P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Support the development and performance management of enterprise wide capital spend and operational expense targets
2. Financial Analysis
- Prepare flexible financial models with clean outputs.
- Analyze actual financial results and explain variances from budget and prepare monthly reports and forecast estimates
- Dissect KPI results and communicate to business partners
- Evaluate real estate decisions by using valuation techniques such as NPV and IRR
3. Internal Management Reporting
- Develop reports that help our business counterparts measure performance and allow management to quickly glean insights.
- Manage and aid performance management using reports.
- Lead communication with functional partners regarding timelines, deliverables, and financial forecast business drivers
- Cross department collaboration, ensuring timely, confident and professional demeanor always.
- Maintain an empathetic perspective and positive relationship with business partners.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems where analysis requires the in-depth evaluation of numerous factors
- Solid understanding how to model drivers of profitability and financial statements
- PowerBI/Tableau, SQL a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize work across various departments and their associated projects
- Excellent oral, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented and highly collaborative
- Ability to digest lots of information and adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Minimum four years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Public company experiences preferred
- Multi-unit restaurant, retail, or manufacturing experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."