Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Director – Enterprise FP&A and Investor Relations
Shake Shack is seeking an experienced, proactive, driven FP&A Senior Director on its Finance team. You will be a self-motivated, intellectually curious individual, with strong leadership skills who collaborates cross - functionally and is comfortable communicating with all levels of the company - including direct interactions with the CEO and CFO. Through clean and accurate financial modeling, business driving quantitative analysis, and strategic thinking, you will play a key role in driving enterprise decision-making and the Company’s overall business planning and forecasting process. You will manage the company’s long term strategic financial planning process with a focus on ROIC, Enterprise Valuation and other related techniques.
As a critical link between Investor Relations and the internal finance team, you are responsible for producing Board of Director presentations and other external facing materials such as Investor Presentations and quarterly Earnings supplemental materials.
You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which includes managing expected and unexpected deadlines. You possess a high level of EQ and can influence others without direct authority.
- Leadership and management of high performing team with focus on individual development, efficient prioritization, and delivery of high quality output whilst meeting key deadlines.
- Enterprise Forecasting and Budgeting – works closely with Shack-level finance team and business leaders to gather insight into business trends to update monthly forecasts, Lead the enterprise-wide annual budget process and the long term planning models including consolidating inputs across the organization and having informed perspectives on results, responsible for monthly executive P&L reporting and being able to present monthly results to E-Team
- Investor Relations – management of consensus models and understanding/managing variances to internal forecasts. Proactive communication internally on investor/analyst activity. Create and manage relationships across the analyst and investor community – being the ‘go-to’ individual responding to in-bound questions. Attending and conveying business story at analyst and investor meetings
- Management of Financial Models– responsible for guidance modeling and understanding analyst models thoroughly. Works in partnership with business leaders and runs the modeling of enterprise-wide strategic investments and long-term planning models using ROIC, DCF and other enterprise valuation methods as appropriate
- Business Partner to Functional Leads – strong, vocal and professional business partner to functions to assist them with understanding drivers and trends in their business, identify growth opportunities and develop ideas with organization leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes
- Presentations – including production of enterprise-level reporting such as P&Ls, KPI’s and monthly financial decks for review with executives. Also, Board of Directors’ presentations, earnings supplemental materials and other external presentations as needed.
Skills & Knowledge
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and building dynamic financial models
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor based on audience and present confidently and cohesively
- Ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners some of whom will have little to no financial knowledge or training
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Master's Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- At least 8 years of FP&A experience
- 4-7 years of supervisory experience
- P&L Management Experience – including various valuation techniques
- Strong Leadership Experience
- Retail or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Public company experience preferred
- Experience in banking or other financial institutions preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.