Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Compensation Analyst
The Senior Compensation Analyst performs a key role in the design, development, analysis, implementation and administration of Shake Shack’s compensation programs and strategic initiatives regarding base pay and variable pay programs. This position will collaborate with cross functional partners and all levels of management to provide expertise while supporting both the business and compensation strategy.
- Leads and participates in compensation programs and projects to optimize the compensation strategy of the organization.
- Provides analysis and counsel to management on compensation programs and initiatives related to pay structures, short and long term incentives, pay change recommendations, new hire offers, and wage and hour regulations.
- Performs job analysis and job evaluations to develop job profiles. Determines job level and salary grade assignment while ensuring guidelines are competitive and equitable.
- Oversees salary survey administration and serves as the point of contact for the market pricing platform.
- Assists in leading the annual compensation process as well as participates in the design and leads the analysis and administration of short-term variable pay programs.
- Assists in the design, analysis and administration of executive compensation and long term incentive programs as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other functional areas including HR Systems, Information Technology and Payroll.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Workday is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- 4+ years of Compensation experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.