Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Senior Analyst of Financial Systems
The Senior Analyst, Financial Systems is primarily responsible for overseeing the ongoing maintenance and day-to-day activities of Workday Financials (Finance and Procurement), with a secondary focus on process optimization.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Systems is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will have a highly analytical and questioning mindset, strong work ethic, extreme attention to detail and a desire for continuous process improvement. The Senior Analyst, Financial Systems will be able to work well across functions and form relationships throughout the Company to facilitate involvement in Company-wide processes and initiatives.
Ongoing Maintenance and day-to-day activities of Workday Financials
Perform ongoing maintenance and day-to-day activities in Workday Financials to maintain foundational data and configuration to support normal finance and accounting business activities.
- Act as a subject matter expert, providing guidance and support to the Controllership team on Workday functionality and capabilities.
- Coordinate directly with off-shore resources engaged by the Company (Deloitte Application Management Services).
- Monitor and action on tickets submitted from the business with questions, break-fixes, enhancement requests, etc.
- Maintain Workday business processes for finance and procurement activities (including definitions, condition rules, business process flows, validation rules, notifications and help text).
- Manage and perform certain master data maintenance activities, including liaising with key stakeholders to appropriately govern updates to certain types of master data such as GL accounts and spend categories.
- Coordinate and/or execute necessary testing of any development and configuration changes, including unit testing, regression testing and end-to-end testing, obtaining appropriate sign-off by stakeholders.
- Partner with stakeholders and IT as data governance policies and procedures are developed for data maintained in and impacting Workday Financials.
- Create simple reports to support the needs of the Controllership team, including gathering report requirements, configuration and testing.
- Ensure the Controllership team has a comprehensive understanding of the financial systems to perform their job responsibilities. Provide direction to other users in interpreting information, monitoring accuracy, and suggesting changes/improvement to the system
Process Optimization and Cross-functional Projects
Liaise with IT and key stakeholders to participate in system enhancements, upgrades and modifications across multiple process areas and segments. Act as a representative of the Controllership team in possible larger cross-functional projects and initiatives impacting Workday Financials.
- Understand Workday products, features, and updates, including weekly updates and new version releases, to provide input and recommendation on which are relevant for Shake Shack business needs.
- Make recommendations on new enhancements per Controllership team business requirements.
- Assist in execution of Company’s Adoption Planning Roadmap per the Controllership team’s business requirements.
- Create Workday brainstorms and coordinate internal voting for product gaps.
- Serve as a strategic business partner working with the Controllership team to assist in implementation of identified process optimization opportunities.
- Assist in the facilitation of gathering Workday requirements and ensuring requirements are captured, documented, and communicated to the relevant project team.
- Liaise with third-party consultants, system implementers, IT and other key stakeholders, as needed.
- Work closely with Senior Manager, Financial Systems to ensure the Controllership team’s SOX configurable controls within Workday Financials are designed appropriately and operating effectively.
- Facilitate both internal and external audits, ensuring complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests, including data extracts and reports.
- Assist Internal Audit and IT as necessary with the maintenance of the Company’s segregation of duties (SOD) tool.
- Remain current on Workday technology by leveraging Workday Community and attending trainings.
- Maintain an awareness of the Controllership team’s business process and objectives.
- Prepare reports/analyses and participate in other projects as needed.
Relevant Skills, Knowledge & Ability
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience, including 1 year in Workday Financials.
- Experience in business process re-design initiatives and major system implementations a plus.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Experience in the restaurant and/or retail industries preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task responsibilities while working under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment.
- Innovative team player. Self-motivated and able to work on cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a questioning mind and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization.
- BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, Management Information Systems or Computer Science required.
- Workday Pro or other Workday certification strongly preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Colorado Applicants: $66,200- $86,000 base salary (potential for higher depending on experience)
Please note: we do not provide Visa sponsorship for this role
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.