Restaurant General Manager
Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving deliciously classic burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine, and more. With our fresh, simple, high-quality food at a great value, Shake Shack is a fun and lively community-gathering place unlike any other. As we experience tremendous growth, our leaders are the driving force to our continued success.
We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic General Manager who loves to serve! This is an excellent opportunity for a leader with at least 3 years of general management experience.
As a General Manager, you will be responsible for leading and driving the daily operations of your Shake Shack location. You will oversee the kitchen and dining room to ensure a positive guest experience. You will lead our team and be responsible for all functions to ensure a smooth operation. We provide an 8-week training program with up to 4 weeks of hands-on application and certification
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, positive, and passionate for fostering a great sense of teamwork in a warm and caring environment of hospitality. We are seeking leaders with a talent for serving and inspiring others.
- Minimum 3 years of Restaurant General Management experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and train others on all aspects of the Shack operations
- Ability to drive hospitality and inspire others to do so
- Must be able to coach and develop others
- Minimum 3 years of P&L responsibilities
- Meet and exceed financial and profitability goals
- Leads the management life cycle
- Oversee inventory, quality and safety
- Accountable for management payroll and scheduling
- Responsible for employee relations
- Manage the facility while upholding our standards of excellence and hospitality
- Establish and build community relations
Our Benefits include:
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Salary + Quarterly Performance Bonuses + Stock Grants: $66,200 - $86,000 base salary (potential for higher depending on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (3 weeks to start)
- Charitable Opportunities to Give Back
- Award-winning On-line Training
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."
We are expanding across the U.S. and around the world! Join our #ShackFam
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.