Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Regional Marketing Manager - Northeast
The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for supporting national and local marketing efforts in the Northeast region. He or she will be responsible for developing a local marketing strategy and working directly with the local Shack teams and the Home Office marketing team to execute.
This role is perfect for someone who has sales marketing experience, enjoys being on the go, loves building relationships and deepening community ties, and has a knack for analytics and reporting.
The Regional Marketing Manager must be able to embrace and convey the Shake Shack brand voice and positioning across all assigned markets via marketing in printed collateral, online and digital presence, social media spaces, and local advertising to reflect the spirit, identity, integrity and intelligent humor of the brand.
Position is based in NYC (travel will be required).
- Develop and execute a regional marketing plan for assigned markets as an extension of national initiatives
- Develop and execute market-wide promotions and programs to drive sales, traffic, and digital engagement
- Measure, evaluate and report on regional marketing initiatives
- Manage regional marketing budget
- Maintain a regional calendar including but not limited to: events, activations, collaborations and promotions
- Work closely with Shack General Managers and Area Directors on a day-to-day basis to educate team on regional and national marketing initiatives
- Oversee Shake Shack’s brand entry into new and mature markets during pre-opening, opening and beyond
- Build key relationships with local influencers, community partners and likeminded brands
- Develop and share best practices and turnkey programming for marketing peers
- Work with the national marketing team to support and execute on: social media content, website content and local PR agency management as needed
- Work cross functionally with Operations, Supply Chain, Development and Finance teams
- Report to Sr. Manager of Brand
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent education and experience
- Strong connections in the local markets with a deep understanding of the community and what makes the Northeast region unique
- Detail-oriented with an eye for the big picture
- Ability to prioritize short- and long-term goals
- Excited to develop creative programs and solutions for local restaurants
- Genuine interest in the performance of the business to drive results
- Ability to work well independently and remotely from team leader and peers (this is a work from home position)
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Experience managing a budget, tracking costs and processing invoices
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."