Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Regional Marketing Manager -Mid-Atlantic
Shake Shack is looking for a food crazy, dynamic marketer to lead the local marketing plans the Mid-Atlantic market. As part of the Regional Marketing team, you’ll lead the marketing strategy by developing plans to drive top-line and bottom-line sales growth that include local programming, support of national or regional product launches, regional collaborations, culinary test strategy, grass roots community efforts and more. We’re looking for someone who considers themselves a local expert to further cement Shake Shack as a fun, lively community gathering place and the leading modern day “roadside” burger stand within the market. You will work day-to-day with the operations team and building relationships with the Shacks, as well as influencers, and community members
Position is based in Washington, DC and travel to NYC and territories is required.
- Develop and implement the strategic marketing plan of locally driven regional marketing plans to achieve market KPI’s, including brand awareness, engagement and driving traffic and sales.
- Collaborate with brand and other field marketers by joining planning meetings to identify ways to leverage the regional field team and how to implement strategy
- Develop experiential plans that ladder up to the national brand campaigns and business objectives.
- Provide marketing support to operators by working day-to-day with them through local community activations, in-store merchandising, education on new product launches and review/approve event sponsorship agreements.
- Test and learn traffic/sales driving programming
- Voice insights from the field to culinary brand team and guest insights team on potential food trends, local menu items, culinary collaboration opportunities
- Oversee Shake Shack’s brand entry into new and assigned markets during pre-launch, openings, and beyond by working with local teams and PR agencies and manage start-up marketing budget.
- Manage marketing and communications strategies in assigned markets’ programs, events, and promotions. Manage local marketing budgets
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent education and experience
- Strong connections in the local markets with a deep understanding of the community and what makes the specific region unique
- Detail-oriented with an eye for the big picture
- Ability to prioritize short- and long-term goals
- Excited to develop creative programs and solutions for local restaurants
- Genuine interest in the performance of the business to drive results
- Ability to work well independently and remotely from team leader and peers (this is a work from home position)
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Past experience working for another restaurant or lifestyle brand preferred
- Experience managing a budget, tracking costs and processing invoices
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."