Team work isn’t just practiced at the Shack – it’s perfected. We make each day great – together. We create an exciting work atmosphere with a culture focused on family, fun, community. We make incredibly good and delicious, fresh high-quality food daily, resulting in what many call a cult-like following around the world. Our beloved restaurants are like a family-run restaurant, and we foster personal and meaningful connections within our communities. We bring it every day – pulling the best from each other.
Regional Director of Operations
The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) will be accountable for the operational performance of the Shacks. The main role is as a mentor to the business(es) with the goal of obtaining and maximizing talent, increasing profitability, maintaining safety and elevating guest satisfaction. The RDO is the key architect to the daily, weekly, and monthly expectations of every level of management in order to identify the key areas of focus. Reporting directly to the COO, this is a remote based position.
- Develops strategic and operational plans for their region(s), sets the goals, leads the execution, measures the results, and deploys the learnings and identifies the operational opportunities of the Shacks, and leads the charge (with Home Office Support when needed) to discover solutions
- Places and develops Area Directors to meet the growth and performance needs of the company and acts as consultant to Area Directors and General Managers to analyze current business(es) and lays out plans for future improvement.
- Maintains and strategizes management bench strength in preparation for successful growth and communicates and upholds expectations on deliverable information.
- Leads the teams in ensuring compliance to safety, administrative, and legal procedures
- Owns the operational Start-Up budget for new locations and manages the R&M budget by prioritizing resource needs
- Plans and coordinates roundtable discussions or conference calls within region(s) to ensure consistency in operational goals, messages and regional initiatives. Ensures open communication and understanding between Home Office disciplines and operations. Demonstrates intensity and conviction to address and find solutions for operational shortcomings.
- Demonstrates and upholds the Shack Pact; our mission, vision, and values of the company.
- Minimum 5 years of multi-unit leadership experience at a progressive restaurant or hospitality company, preferably supporting a global brand
- Proven track record of building and developing strong teams
- Highly organized and proactive
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities across multiple geographic markets
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills
- BS or BA degree in Business or relevant subject
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- At least 30% overnight travel required
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.