Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The Recruiting Coordinator will play an integral part in supporting recruiting in a wide range of administrative and customer service responsibilities. This position requires a professional who understands the necessity for confidentiality at all times while delivering superior service to our internal and external customers. The Recruiting Coordinator must have effective communication skills both written and verbal, the ability to work independently, prioritize work and have a proactive approach in order to anticipate candidate/Hiring Manager and People Resources needs.
- Builds and fosters relationships with hiring managers ensuring excellent customer service.
- Creates new job requisitions and manages the maintenance of all jobs in the applicant tracking system.
- Creates offer letters and ensures promotion process is error free.
- Identifies and solves onboarding integration issues as needed.
- Processes all agency and other recruitment vendor invoices.
- Validates all management referrals in ATS and HRIS monthly.
- Develops general hourly staffing solutions for Shack Operations.
- Continuously develops and improves recruitment training materials.
- Manages and maintain vendor relationships including recruitment marketing and advertising agency.
- Assists appropriate staff in scheduling job fairs and shipping of materials and banners for the event.
- Leverages HRIS data to prepare weekly recruiting reports for Hiring Managers.
- May assist hiring managers with initial screening to identify quality hourly candidates for interviewing.
- Leads monthly meeting with internal recruitment team.
- Works on ad hoc projects to support goals and milestones as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the company and the recruiting team
- Adaptability - to multitask, shift focus and prioritize assignments while maintaining strong attention to detail
- MS Office Proficiency
- 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably in the Human Resources field
- Experience or interest in working with applicant tracking systems and recruiting data
- Workday experience is a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.