Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Project Manager of Data Services
Shake Shack is looking for a collaborative, analytical, and data-centric Project Manager/Business Analyst to work within the Data Services team to address the growing business demand and increased requests for data and information. This role will be responsible for working with the Business team to initiate work requests, determine cost benefits, gather and document requirements, assemble and lead project teams, manage projects to completion and ensure requirements are met.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about data and be able to work cross-functionally within a matrix style organization. The person selected for this position will need to be adaptable, flexible and able to handle fluctuating priorities in a fast-paced and maturing organization. Shake Shack is a dynamic, forward-thinking company and this role will be supporting the Shake Shack mission of rapid growth through data-driven insights and smart, actionable decision making.
The preferred candidate will reside within commuting distance of New York City.
- Organize and manage business requests to improve visibility to overall demand and prioritization for the Data Services team
- Work with Business team to develop business cases for requested work
- Lead multiple projects and/or special assignments concurrently, using waterfall or agile project methodologies
- Develop and execute project plans, resource plans and project budgets
- Track and communicate project issues, risks and action items and identify project impacts
- Gather, document and prioritize business requirements and translate them to actionable deliverables for the project team
- Work jointly with business and technical teams to ensure solution design meets business requirements
- Coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the Business team and validate results against project requirements and use cases
- Drive post implementation tasks including documentation, post rollout results tracking and lessons learned sessions
- Assist with managing vendor relationships and vendor led projects
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual motivation with the ability to work autonomously as well as in a team and collaboration-oriented environment
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for our team's mission
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent in technology related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Strong Project Management background with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-value data projects simultaneously and drive them to successful completion
- Clear understanding of waterfall and agile SDLC practices and principles
- Experience with SQL, ETL middleware, BI platforms and Cloud Infrastructure like Azure or AWS
- High level of critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) a plus
- Proficient with JIRA & Microsoft Office suite of products
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.