Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The Production Designer will assist and support all of the Shake Shack brand but will be mainly focusing on managing menu collateral and assisting all of Shake Shack’s branding, marketing and promotional designs and materials. The Production Designer will embrace and convey the Shake Shack brand voice and aesthetic across all marketing and communications in print, digital, In-Shack and outside, collaborations events, advertising and more. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive and execute projects and campaigns.
Create and support In-Shack experience materials
- Manage and oversee Shack specific information into appropriate collateral to prepare for a new location opening.
- Manage and oversee all Shack opening collateral to send to the printer for the Shacks turnover day.
- Create opening menus for the Shacks. Update and or retrofit current menus.
- Version out hiring messaging for new and existing shacks.
- Create and maintain Shack brand throughout varied Shack specific collateral.
- Design and update digital boards to maintain the Shack look and feel.
- Design and update collateral to help amplify the customers experience.
- Work with Design team, and across departments on the Shack-wide Menu Update each year.
Assist and support marketing Shack-wide initiatives, Limited Time Offer campaigns, events and pop-ups
- Create in-store signage and promotional collateral for Shack-wide and local events, community programs and cause marketing efforts.
- Create and Version menus, stanchions, and/or posters for events.
- Design interior décor that helps to brand the event space with Shack-branded floor decals, coasters, backdrops, window vinyls, flags, and/or table vinyls.
- Retouch, silo or enhance all photography that Shake Shack uses, as needed.
- Develop compelling collateral designs that best showcase LTO item and collabs.
- Assist in versioning collateral for Shack-wide initiatives, including but not limited to creating digital assets.
- Assist in cropping imagery for our digital initiatives, such as App, Kiosk, Web Ordering, and Delivery. Assist Digital Marketing team to crop assets needed for our social platforms.
- Update and maintain LTO, Collaboration and Featured Shakes archives. Update and maintain our Core Menu photography folder and Seasonal Lockscreen imagery.
Assist and support all of Shake Shack's branding initiatives
- Brainstorm ideas that promote brand leadership, engage guests, drive Shake Shack traffic, and increase sales through our brand aesthetic and design.
- Interact daily with Marketing, Operations, Purchasing and Development teams on all integrated Shack efforts that involve Shake Shack design and branding.
- Create templated presentations for marketing, operations and Shake Shack leadership.
- Work on In-Shack programming and make sure all Shacks have appropriate signage for programs.
- Create engaging and on-brand materials for LMS, Internal Programming, Internal Events and Leadership Workshop.
- Embrace our “Stand For Something Good” messaging and aesthetic by keeping SFSG boards, signage and touts up to date.
- Assist in managing consistency, aesthetic and design across all Shacks.
- Stay connected to design trends, industry happenings and competitive marketplace and communicate these to the team.
- Constantly seek out and consider interesting design opportunities for the brand and unexpected ways to elevate the aesthetic of the Shake Shack brand.
- Continue to stay up to date with social trends and gather inspiration to share with the team.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must have a BFA degree from a leading design school and/or dynamic portfolio
- Computer skills: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Excel
- Deep interest and awareness of the hospitality industry
- Incredible attention to detail
- Able to manage several projects at once
- Resourceful self-starter
- Athletic approach to multi-tasking, organizing, natural ability to prioritize and a personality that can freely roll with the punches
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key constituencies
- Minimum 2-3 years Production Design experience, preferably in the food/hospitality industry
- Experience in print production and experience and interest in digital
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.