Test Kitchen Porter & Prep Cook
The purpose of the Test Kitchen Porter & Prep Cook is to support the Culinary Innovation team in day to day operations while maintaining the highest cleanliness and organization standards.
- Maintain the highest level of cleanliness of the Innovation Kitchen and its equipment, including washing small wares, equipment, dishes, flatware, floors, walls, exhaust hoods, breaking down boxes, waste removal etc.
- Organization and inventory maintenance of food items, smallwares and equipment including receiving, shipping, and FIFO of goods.
- Assist with prep and execution of Innovation Kitchen tastings, photo shoots, events and Limited Time Offer specials
- Generally Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm. Some flexibility required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- 1+ years kitchen experience in professional food service establishment
- Basic food preparation and kitchen sanitation experience
- Multi-unit restaurant experience preferred
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.