Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
People Resources Coordinator
The People Resources Coordinator will manage the day-to-day delivery of HR support to all Shake Shack employees including workers compensation, employment verification's, unemployment filings, and leave of absence administration. The People Resources Coordinator acts as the first point of contact for all Shake Shack employees escalating to other People Resources team members as appropriate. In addition, they will support the SVP of People Resources with departmental administrative support.
- Acts as the liaison between the HR department and employee base, providing excellent service and hospitality to all employees.
- Processes all unemployment claims. Responds to request for hearings and rebuttals. Confirm all paperwork pertaining to terminations have been filed appropriately.
- Assists in preparing and tracking Leave of Absence correspondence and payments.
- Maintains audit process to ensure wage & hour and PTO plan compliance in all Shacks. Maintains minimum wage information including updating SSE Hourly Wage charts, and overseeing auditing job changes for all required materials.
- Facilitates new hire on-boarding and distribution of office entry badges.
- Completes all inquiries and/or paperwork as it pertains to Workers Comp claims, employment verification's, National Medical Support Notices, wage verification's, and subpoenas, as needed.
- Supports SVP People Resources in managing work related administrative and department duties to include calendar management, meeting preparation, others as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge in HRIS & report tracking systems preferred
- 2 years of related work experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.