Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
People Resources Coordinator
The People Resources Coordinator will manage the day-to-day delivery of HR support to all Shake Shack employees including leave of absence administration, workers compensation overview, employment verifications, and unemployment filings. Acts as the first point of contact for all Shake Shack employees escalating to other PR team members as appropriate. Also, serves as administrative support to the SVP People Resources.
- Acts as the liaison between the HR department and employee base, providing excellent service and hospitality to all employees.
- Processes all unemployment claims. Responds to request for hearings and rebuttals. Confirm all paperwork pertaining to terminations have been filed appropriately.
- Supports SVP People Resources in managing work related administrative and department duties to include calendar management, meeting preparation, others as assigned.
- Prepares and tracks all Leave of Absence correspondence and payments. Ensures the short-term disability process is successfully completed including communicating with the employee, management and short term disability carrier.
- Maintains audit process to ensure wage & hour and PTO plan compliance in all Shacks. Maintains minimum wage information including updating SSE Hourly Wage charts, and overseeing auditing job changes for all required materials.
- Completes all inquiries and/or paperwork as it pertains to Workers Comp claims, employment verifications, National Medical Support Notices, wage verifications, and subpoenas.
- Facilitates new hire onboarding and distribution of office entry badges.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field of study
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledgeable in HRIS Systems preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in HR Administration
- Experience in a Hospitality company preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.