Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The Payroll Supervisor assists in the overall functioning of the Payroll Department, including the oversight of the Payroll Specialists and 3rd Party Payroll Vendors. This individual is responsible for adherence of multistate tax laws and to ensure accurate and timely payment to all employees
- Oversees the processing of all weekly payroll functions and ensures that deadlines are adhered to. Ensures that payroll is processed in a compliant and timely manner. Is fluent in gross-to-net payroll calculations. Ensures that SOX payroll controls are in place and operating accordingly.
- Provides training, direction and support to the Payroll Specialists. Maintains documentation on all payroll processing activities. Provides regular feedback and conducts quarterly review sessions. Assists in the preparation of performance reviews.
- Ensures that all pay related inquiries from employees are replied to within 1-2 business days, or sooner when necessary. Facilitates communication with other departments and external providers as it relates to payroll related matters.
- Assists with implementation of companywide payroll initiatives. Provides support to cross-functional teams. Assists with preparing audit requests. Prepares ad-hoc reports and analysis as needed. Assist with the review and reconciliation of year-end items, including W2s, W2c’s and annual reporting
- Provides support during system related testing and upgrades (Workday, ADP and other supporting systems).
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting
- Strong excel skills (V-look Up’s, Pivot Tables)
- CPP preferred
- 4-6 years of Payroll experience with 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience Payroll Systems (Workday, ADP or other large systems)
- Multi state Payroll experience
- Public company experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.