Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Marketing Project Manager
The Marketing Project Manager will provide key support to the Marketing Team to ensure projects are delivered on time across all functions of the team. This position will manage the workflow, coordinate and keep projects on track. This role will serve as the primary liaison across departments at Shake Shack. We’re looking for someone who’s fun, witty and with a keen eye for detail and organization.
- Work with marketing team to assess initial requests for information, project parameters, priority, scheduling and creation of all deliverables against established deadlines and brand marketing strategy.
- Lead meetings and check ins, preparing agendas, distributing key information in advance, keeping the team on track to achieving goals within the timeline, and outlining next steps
- Take notes in meetings, gathering feedback and facilitating consolidation
- Develop, update, manage and drive timelines to key milestones.
- Maintain and distribute project status for all marketing projects
- Manage project workflow by planning, tracking, managing and driving all steps in the project lifecycle, dependencies and stakeholders across all departments
- Identify and communicate challenges and/or issues as appropriate with key team members and partner to identify a solution
- Provide strategic guidance when needed on project goals and deliverables based on past learnings.
- Create and update internal systems. Identify weaknesses in current systems and work to improve them.
- Lead communication of timelines, status updates and potential risks to the project team
- Contribute to regularly evaluating the efficacy of workflows and processes
- Be able to utilize, train others on, and assess the efficacy of project management tools, templates, status reports and tasks lists
- Have an awareness of budgets, facilitating cost estimates and communicate them to stakeholders
- Work closely with cross functional teams: operations, supply, development and finance.
- Report to Director of Brand & Regional Marketing and Communications.
- Position is based in NYC Shake Shack home office.
Skills & Knowledge
- Have a B. S/B. A. in a related field
- Be proficient in Macs. Software includes Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, Google Drive. Knowledge of Adobe Suite a plus
- Have a passion for constantly driving maximum efficiency and a love of operations
- Nerd of prioritizing, energetic and self-motivated
- Detail oriented with an eye for the big picture.
- Multi-tasker, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable and able to change gears quickly and nimbly when changes happen to our processes in place
- Superb verbal and written communication skills to relay information simply and clear to marketing and cross functional departments
- Calm, balanced, level-headed and collaborative in nature
- Takes initiation for new projects and challenges without prompt from senior leadership
- Have a passion for and love of food (a plus)
- Have a sense of humor (a must)
- Have 3-5 years of experience as a project manager, developing project plans, scoping and assigning projects
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."