Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Marketing Manager - Asia
The Manager of Marketing and Communications (Asia) leads the marketing strategy, communications, public relations, brand initiatives, culinary initiatives, guest relations, and digital initiatives for Shake Shack’s licensed Asia partners.
Position is located in Hong Kong.
- Brand Marketing
- Embrace and convey the Shake Shack brand voice and positioning across Asia markets via marketing and communications in printed collateral, online and digital presence, and advertising that reflects the spirit, identity, integrity and intelligent humor of the brand
- Manage and assist in the creative development of in-Shack and out-of-Shack guest experience and brand initiatives.
- Guide cause marketing and community investment strategies across Asia. Work with partner marketing teams to strengthen key relationships with community partners.
- Oversee Shake Shack's brand entry into new markets, and expansion in existing markets, for pre-launch, launch/openings, and post-opening strategy.
- Digital Marketing
- Drive social media strategy and content innovation across Asia channels keeping the brand’s digital presence informed, modern, innovative and cohesive with the global Shake Shack brand.
- Manage digital product content and marketing strategy to bring the brand experience to life through digital channels.
- Work with partners to identify, test and optimize ongoing paid media strategy to drive brand awareness, sales and to support brand initiatives.
- Guest Experience
- Monitor and report on key guest experience metrics
- Implement a regional guest insight program, ensuring guest interactions reflect best-in-class hospitality
- PR & Communications
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to guide cross-functional decisions rooted in guest feedback and insights
- Manage and support both proactive and reactive PR and communication strategies across Asia markets
- Support executive PR opportunities and strategy across Asia
- Lead crisis communications and strategy across Asia (proactive and reactive)
- Manage culinary strategy, program execution, and content creation across Asia markets
- Provide insights + guidance for local culinary innovation
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or Business
- Knowledgeable about marketing, communications, PR, digital, social media, design, consumer insights
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and tactics
- At least 6 years of Marketing experience at a hospitality and/or lifestyle brand
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."