Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Manager of Lease Administration
In this newly created role, the Manager of Lease Administration will be the owner of Shake Shack’s database for Real Estate Leases (Lucernex) including overall database administration, data input, maintenance and tracking, and reporting. With Shake Shack about to embark on the implementation of Lucernex, the first 6-12 months of this role will be heavily involved and play a key role in the Lucernex implementation. This role will collaborate with internal and external parties, primarily individuals of all levels across the Development, Legal and Accounting teams internally and landlords and auditors externally.
- Key role in Lucernex implementation, including design, build, testing and training, and deployment of the system
- Directly responsible for Lucernex database and administration
- Abstracts lease documents and inputs and maintains data in Lucernex, including overseeing abstracts and inputs via a third party vendor
- Establishes procedures and best practices for auditing and maintaining continual database integrity and tracking system performance metrics
- Creates, develops and maintains reporting, including critical date and key information reports for internal use across the organization and percentage rent sales reports for distribution to landlords
- Partners with and supports Real Estate lease functions and needs across the organization
Skills & Knowledge
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree
- Functional understanding and knowledge of Real Estate lease administration
- Knowledge of lease agreement terms and conditions from an operational, legal, and accounting perspective
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment with changing priorities and ambiguity
- Strong organizational capabilities; ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively within an organization. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of Real Estate Lease administration databases and retail leasing, with Lucernex experience preferred
- Experience with a system implementation or significant process re-design and overhaul a strong plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Colorado Applicants: $66,200- $86,000 base salary (potential for higher depending on experience)
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.