Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis- Operations Finance
Shake Shack is seeking an experienced, proactive, driven Finance Manager on its Finance team. Through clean and accurate financial modeling, business driving quantitative analysis, and strategic thinking, you will play a critical role in driving decision-making and the Company’s overall business planning and forecasting process. This role will also include overseeing one financial analyst. While this FP&A Manager will be overseeing and managing the workload for their financial analyst, the expectation is that the Manager will be conducting their own analysis and reporting.
You will be a highly independent, self-starter who collaborates with functions across the company including direct interactions with the C-suite level executives in the company and members of the Executive and Leadership teams. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment which includes managing expected and unexpected deadlines. You possess a high-level of intellectual curiosity and can influence others without direct authority. While this role requires someone who will be able to work on projects across the scope of the entire team, the primary ownership of the individual will be to partner with our leaders in Operations, including our COO and Regional Vice Presidents of Operations.
The key responsibilities for this role will be to track how Shack level expenses are controlled and scaled as Shacks continue to build back to prior sales levels before the COVID crisis. They will also be a key partner in tracking labor trends and being a partner in building out tools and reporting to discover areas of opportunity to improve profitability for Operations teams. This will be a key partner in how we build new labor operating models as we continue to expand new channels such as Curbside, Drive-Up and Walk-Up.
- Shack Level Profitability Analysis and Goal Tracking- responsible for providing analysis and reporting on Shack level performance and tracking metrics tied directly to the profit rebuild. This will be primarily working with Operations leadership to share results and uncover opportunities to improve trends.
- Shack level labor Analysis- responsible for partnering with the VPs and Directors in Operations to understand current labor trends and where there is opportunity. Included in this as well is the evolution of the labor model as we continue to develop new Shack formats and build new revenue streams.
- Business Partner to Regional Vice Presidents of Operations- strong, vocal and professional business partner to functions to assist them with understanding drivers and trends in their business, identify growth opportunities in the business and develop ideas with organization leaders into strategic business plans including financial outcomes
- Enterprise Forecasting, Budgeting and Reporting- works closely with Operations teams and business leaders to gather insight into business trends to update monthly forecasts, key player in enterprise-wide annual budget process including consolidating inputs across organization and being able to have informed perspectives on results
- Oversight of one financial analyst- ensuring the accurate and thorough completion of their work and responsibilities. The ownership of the financial analyst includes enterprise reporting, Operational Expense reporting/budgeting and Occupancy reporting/budgeting. The success of the financial analyst is to partner with the manager to find potential expense savings in Shacks through negotiation and sourcing efforts while ensuring accurate and timely reporting and FP&A process.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Highly skilled with MS Excel and building dynamic financial models
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor based on audience and present confidently and cohesively
- Ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners some of whom will have little to no financial knowledge or training
- 6+ years of FP&A experience
- P&L Management Experience
- Experience leading change management and conducting heavy financial analysis
- Retail or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Experience supporting Operations function of a company is a plus
- Experience in banking or other financial institution preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.