Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Manager of Accounting
In this role, the Manager, Accounting will be responsible for overseeing the accounting and operational activities related to Shake Shack’s company owned revenue including but not limited to POS System Sales, accounts receivables and collections, and collaborating with key stakeholders to setup new revenue streams. This individual will also provide strategic support and analysis as needed.
The Manager, Accounting is a self-motivated, adaptive, quick learner who can manage and prioritize an evolving workload in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a highly analytical mindset, strong work ethic, extreme attention to detail and a desire for continuous process improvement.
- Review POS System Sales Reconciliations
- Review Journal Entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Oversee Sales Receivables and Collections
- Collaborate with Marketing, Operations, & IT to setup new revenue streams
- Support Tax Team with various sales tax filings & sales tax audits
- Liaise with Internal Audit and External Audit for functional area
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 4-6 years of related work experience
- 1-3 years of supervisory exerpeince
- Experience with revenue, sales audit and/or accounts receivable
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting experience in private and/or public accounting
- CPA a plus
- Experience at Big 4 public accounting firm preferred.
- Experience in the restaurant and/or retail industries preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.