Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
The Technical Support manager leads a team of internal L1/L2 engineers and manages 3rd party providers to ensure rapid resolution of IT problems and incidents. The Technical Support manager is also responsible for change management in the IT environment (infrastructure and applications) and ensuring changes are in line with policies and procedures. As a champion of IT service management, the Technical Support manager is responsible for understanding Business support needs and driving continuous improvement of help desk services to exceed expectations and prevent problems reoccurring.
- Development, implementation and ongoing evolution of problem and incident processes and procedures to ensure rapid resolution of incidents and problems
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of internal support engineers
- Manage 3rd party organizations who assist in the delivery of problem and incident resolution services e.g. out of hours helpdesk
- Oversee high priority escalations and provide RCAs.
- Reporting Metrics, SLAs, and KPIs.
- Implement and maintain service desk applications or related changes.
- Drive the resolution of significant and systemic issues
- Ensuring effective escalation from the help desk to L3 teams and 3rd parties where appropriate
- Work with L3 teams to provide the help desk with the information or capabilities needed to drive up first call resolution at the Helpdesk and avoid having to hand off issues.
- Identify call trends and ways to proactively prevent calls from occurring.
- Produce weekly / monthly reports of incident, problem and change management KPIs and performance against SLAs.
- Chair the weekly Change Management meeting
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- At least 4 years of related work experience
- Experience working in technology for a Hospitality / Restaurant company preferred
- Previous participation in the development and improvement of incident / problem management processes
- Windows server scripting experience preferred
- Implementing help desk software / procedures and managing an enterprise roll-out experience preferred
- Available evenings / weekends for escalation of emergency issues
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."