Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Licensed Training Manager
The Licensed Training Manager works closely with the Senior Training Manager, Licensing team, and Area Directors to plan and lead New Shack Openings with licensed airport, stadium, and roadway markets as a priority. They will also plan and lead Openings in existing markets as needed. They will assist in the training of Opening Support Managers (OSM's) on New Shack Opening procedures. The Licensed Training Manager will also collaborate with the Licensed team to create strategic training plans. They must be able to travel 70% of the time and available to work weekends as needed.
New Shack Opening Planning, Facilitation, and Budget Management
- Responsible for facilitating New Shack Opening (NSO) training with a focus on licensed new markets.
- Execute all administration associated with the NSOs they lead.
- Partner with Senior Training Manager to continually seek to improve the NSO Training Process by evaluating its success and determining ways to create efficiencies.
- Seek to enhance the learning experience while managing Trainers’ schedules and monitoring expenses and labor.
Licensed Manager Onboarding and Training
- Partner with the Licensed team to develop strategic training plans for partner onboarding and manager training.
- Collaborate with Regional Training Partners to establish training locations for new managers for licensed markets.
- Follow up and evaluate their training and share feedback with the Licensed team.
- Delegate to and train OSMs and Regional Training Partners to lead select new market licensed openings.
Opening Trainer Staffing and Development
- Work with Area Directors, General Managers and Area Training & Development Managers to continually seek, select, and develop candidates to build and replenish the pool of Opening Trainers, thereby ensuring that we are staffed and prepared to open Shacks in accordance with the needs of the development schedule.
- Train ATDMs, OSMs, and Managers on the Opening Trainer interview and selection process.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Extraordinary leadership skills
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Flexible & adaptable to changing needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Point
- Skilled in leading training functions including classroom-style learning
- Exceptional facilitation and organizational skills
- 2+ years Management experience in the hospitality industry
- 2+ years of experience leading and developing a team
- Experience creating training content in a hospitality environment preferred
- Experience working within a licensee/licensor relationship with a strong understanding of the relationship dynamics and ability to support both sides of the equation preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.