Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Leadership & Development Manager
The Leadership & Development manager is responsible for creating and facilitating high quality and impactful learning solutions that are aligned with the business strategy and needs of the organization. This will be accomplished though the use of a variety of learning strategies and methodologies that will incorporate interactive classroom, virtual, online courses, micro-learnings, and job aids. A basic knowledge of LMS software, authoring software, multimedia tools, as well as, performance improvement consulting strategies are needed to develop programs that will transition knowledge and behavioral improvement.
- Create and implement leadership development programs that align with the strategy, competency model and learning needs for all levels and areas of the organizations. Update and ensure all materials are continuously reviewed for accuracy and impact.
- Strong stand up facilitation skills, able to lead development programs at all levels of the organization. Lead virtual, classroom, recorded and other interactive stand up to deliver content to both small and large groups.
- Create evaluative tools and metrics and ensure integrated into all learning materials and programs. Conduct needs analysis working with People Resources, Home Office and Operations partners to identify and determine learning opportunities. Monitors, evaluates, and reviews the quality and effectiveness of training, including assessing the participants’ reactions, the performance of individuals, and the overall impact of the programs. Develop reporting mechanism to share learning completion.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Learning and Development, Organizational Development, Human Resources or related field.
- Professional Organization Development & Training Certifications, ATD – APTD or CPTD; ISPI Accreditation preferred.
- Ability to develop multiple projects with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to independently and simultaneously manage complex, multiple, competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment under tight deadlines.
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (presentation, written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- At least 2 years of work experience in stand up facilitation, content design training program management, and training project management.
- Experience in assessing performance gaps, analyzing learning needs, designing and developing learning and performance support solutions, and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Adobe Suite, and/or ability to use a comparable video editing tool and design program.
- Articulate Storyline or other interactive content authoring tools.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.