Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Inventory and Distribution Manager
Responsible for managing the inbound freight costs to domestic broadline distribution centers or suppliers, benchmarking rates to ensure competitive and best rates. Responsible for managing inventory levels at distributors to ensure an uninterrupted supply of products to our restaurants.
- Effectively analyzes and manages current stock levels and product on order at all distribution warehouses nationally for all proprietary, core and high-volume items, through use of supply chain technology software and item forecasts in conjunction with daily distribution reports.
- Builds and maintains strong daily working relationships with internal and external stakeholders within distribution and supply chain network.
- Responsible for vetting potential logistics and transportation partners to increase efficiency and lower freight costs.
- Provide solutions for out-of-stock, short stock, expired product, and/or dissolution of product that minimizes financial impact on Shake Shack and our partners.
- Quarterly and annual KPI reporting on distribution performance, forecasting performance and freight costs and savings. Support Supply Chain team with annual business reviews of all suppliers and distributors.
Skills & Experience
- 10 years of related work experience
- Full knowledge and experience in foodservice distribution.
- In depth experience in transportation and freight management.
- Implementation of a logistics strategy.
- Direct management of inventory fulfillment and stock levels.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.