Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
International Design & Development Project Manager
The International Design & Development Project Manager is primarily responsible for being the central point of contact between our licensed partners and the various Shake Shack functions with regards to: real estate strategy, site selection, key design checkpoints and construction updates. They will rollout our internal process and keep our partners on pace for timely openings by reviewing and approving key documents.
- Manage the Shake Shack licensing design process from end to end with all licensed partners; domestically and internationally.
- Manage the development pipeline for all licensed Shacks. This includes moving potential sites through the Licensed real estate approval committee and keeping the 5-year development plan up to date by reaching out to all of our partners for real estate updates.
- Create and execute a comprehensive plan to reduce the cost of building a Shack through vendor management and strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Formally identify the future needs of the Shake Shack model and working within innovation teams to evolve the current versions of the Shack to the future. Creation and maintenance of sourcing strategy with regards to bringing in new suppliers or localizing within a market.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the domestic design and construction team to keep the Shake Shack design standards in line with evolving brand standards and guidelines for use with our partners.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Design preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the steps necessary to open new restaurants.
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding with respect to implementation of a fully integrated critical path and new store opening project management system.
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally both internally and externally.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly to keep performance on track.
- Strong project management abilities; capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints and within budget parameters.
- Well developed, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- 4+ years of related experience with at least 2+ years in a design related role.
- International experience and global perspective.
- Includes traveling to all Shake Shack locations, which may include but not limited to the following modes of transportation; planes, trains and automobiles. International travel may also be included.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.