Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Indirect Procurement Manager
The Indirect Procurement Manager will manage indirect spend categories, sources and projects. They will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve short and long terms savings.
- Manage indirect spend opportunities and cost savings initiatives, acting as a trusted business partner to indirect stakeholders within the company structure.
- Manage a strategic sourcing strategy, that meets our business objectives, for each indirect spend category as appropriate and partner with the various internal stakeholders. Assist with the supplier selection process through establishing standards by which stakeholders must adhere to when onboarding new supplier partners.
- Drive the creation and issuance of supplier RFP’s, RFI’s, RFQ’s. Assist with contract negotiations and renewals. Partner with the Sr Manager of Procurement Operations to enforce Company Supplier Compliance Guidelines and Employee Purchasing Guidelines.
- Measure and drive conformance to each program’s specifications. Produce detailed analysis on deliverables and thorough reporting on savings by category and for all instituted programs.
- Build and maintain strong supplier relationships and negotiate sharp long-term agreements to support our company growth. Lead periodic supplier business reviews, including the completion of scorecards of KPI’s. Performs benchmarking against best practices within restaurant indirect sourcing.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, finance or another related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Depth of knowledge in an ERP system; Workday experience preferred
- Depth of knowledge in MS Office, and specifically adept at Excel.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in a range of Indirect Spend categories and management
- Experience interfacing with Group Purchasing Organizations
- Executive level presentation experience preferred
- Experience with annual budget planning and writing with quarterly reporting preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.