Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Human Resources Partner- Compliance
The Human Resources Partner will assess and anticipate human resources priorities with the business by developing scalable and sustainable compliance related HR programs and services to the business. This position will provide advice, guidance, and information on HR compliance matters to business managers to support decision making and people management.
- Identifies and aligns strategic compliance related requirements in order to drive focused HR initiatives, based on a solid understanding of the business.
- Develops, initiates, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of compliance programs and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Maintains and regularly updates the Shake Shack Handbook.
- Conducts and directs internal audits and investigations with regards to compliance issues. Works closely with outside counsel in responding to regulatory and private complaints.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Interprets and disseminates information on regulatory matters for the organization to understand the risk and mitigating circumstances.
- Collaborates with People Resources Department to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Law or Business
- Training and executive presentation and facilitation skills preferred
- At least 6 years of experience as a HR Generalist or in a Compliance related role in Hospitality or Retail
- Significant experience with remaining current on interpreting and implementing Wage & Hour legal policies.
- Training Facilitation Experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.