Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a company retreat, Team Appreciation Day, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Human Resources Manger
The HR Manager will support, collaborate with and advise Regional Support Teams, a Regional Director of Operation, and Area Directors in employee relations, manager training and development, HR Compliance and other related work.
Position can be based anywhere in California and regular travel is required.
- Wage & Hour Compliance
- In collaboration with the Director of People Resources and outside counsel; advises, facilitates training of Regional Directors & Area Directors in oversight and audit, and ensures management compliance, with all state and federal wage and hours laws.
- Employee Relations
- Collaborates with Regional Director and Area Directors, training; how to conduct investigations, when to escalate to the HR Manager, how to document and conclude.
- Talent Management
- Collaborates with the Regional Director and Area Directors on the development and ongoing training of the management teams including; all HR training, and quarterly bench discussions.
- HR Training
- Conducts regular in person and webinar HR trainings for all regional managers. Identifies opportunities for additional manager coaching and development.
- Regional HR Support
- Key contact for all Regional HR inquiries. Work closely with the Home Office in facilitating resolutions or redirecting appropriately.
- Regional People Resources Support
- Collaborates with Regional Support Teams to ensure alignment with PR initiatives and staffing, and operations initiatives.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business
- PHR or SHRM CP desired
- HR Generalist in Hospitality or Retail 3+ Years
- Minimum 1 year of experience supervising a team
- Training Facilitation
Other benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Career Development
- Discounted Fitness Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy that we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.