Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Human Resources Compliance Manager
The Compliance Manager will serve as the subject matter expert on HR Compliance and provide guidance, information and updates on Compliance matters to support decision making and people management. This role will proactively research proposed laws and track future compliance to those laws to drive us to meet company objectives and mitigate human capital risk.
- Drives research, identification, communication and tracking of proposed laws and pending legislation on a national level to proactively mitigate identified risk.
- Regularly presents findings in forthcoming legislative changes and regulatory matters to Leadership Team to drive awareness and future planning.
- Designs, creates and deploys internal HR Audit in partnership with People Resources to drive awareness and accountability.
- Pro-actively identifies areas for process improvement while developing and revising compliance policies and procedures and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct across the organization.
- Manages the launch of new policies/policy changes, communicating with key business stakeholders and line managers to ensure full understanding of new policies and policy changes.
- Responsible for regular maintenance of the Shake Shack Employee Handbook and to ensure policies are regularly reviewed, updated and are accessible and easily understood by employees.
- Acts as a liaison and collaborator between the People Resources, Legal and Internal Audit teams to assess new and changed people processes and advises on design to ensure regulatory compliance.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Law or Business
- Proven knowledge and application of all Federal, State and Local employment law
- Executive presentation and facilitation skills preferred
- PHR certification preferred
- At least 6 years of experience as a HR Generalist or in a Compliance related role in Hospitality or Retail
- Training Facilitation Experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.