Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Human Resources Compliance Analyst
The HR Compliance Analyst will serve as the subject matter expert on Predictive Scheduling/Fair Workweek legislation and provide audit support, training and updates to enable our Shack management teams in driving compliance and adherence to the laws. Reporting to a People Resources Business Partner, this role will be a supportive member of the People Resources team, helping us to meet Company objectives and mitigate human capital risk through deep understanding and application of legislation.
- Partners with People Resources, Operations and Legal to ensure compliance with Predictive Scheduling legislation.
- Regularly provides guidance and support to Shack management teams in Predictive Scheduling jurisdictions on how to optimally manage operations within bounds of the law.
- Creates and conducts regular training on Predictive Scheduling, enhances existing training and builds new training as new legislation is signed into law.
- Audits Fair Workweek in all FWW Shacks to drive awareness and accountability while tracking metrics and identifying issues to recommend future process to drive compliance.
- Proactively identifies areas for process improvement while developing and revising FWW policies and procedures while maintaining knowledge and understanding of current processes, systems and tools that link to timekeeping records and scheduling.
- Ensures compliance with all Predictive Scheduling-related audit requests/requirements conducted by government officials. Supports legal request for Predictive Scheduling-related cases.
Helps to inform compliance requirements to configure and implement future technology.
- Conducts research, participates in Predictive Scheduling forums, partners with legal and state/local governments to ensure compliance. Provides consultation and support to Managers, Area Directors and People Resources on Predictive
- Scheduling guidelines, procedures and local legislation.
- Regularly reviews data related to areas of compliance and exercises judgement to identify regional trends, determines gaps in understanding of local regulations and coaches Operations leaders accordingly. Shares insights with Area
- Directors and People Resources with recommendations for action.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Law or Business.
2-4 years of work experience in a HR or Compliance role in Hospitality or Retail in a multi-state environment.
Proficient knowledge and application of all Predictive Scheduling laws across all jurisdictions.
Proven skill/experience in understanding and interpreting complex laws and regulations related to Human Resources.
Training facilitation experience both virtual and in-person.
PHR Certification preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.