Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Head of Social Media
As Head of Social Media, you will be responsible for establishing process and framework, building and nurturing a team, proposing innovative ways to grow audience and engagement for the brand’s global and domestic channels and developing and executing an integrated strategy for bringing Shake Shack’s brand pillars to life. From the newest change in algorithm to the hottest new social trend, you’re a thought leader who lives and breathes the ins and outs of social media. You’re an expert at weaving a strong vision with emerging trends, compelling content, pop culture conversations, evergreen brand pillars and analytics into a strategic plan and then put it into action. You’re a team leader and team player who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are proactive and require little direction from your supervisor. You enjoy collaborating across teams and come to the table with a strong point of view. You have your finger on the pulse of culture with knowledge and understanding of buzzy brands, tastemakers and influencers. You see ambiguity as an exciting opportunity to build and establish.
- Develop and implement an ever-evolving, insights-led global social strategy with an up-to-date understanding of social “best practices” across the competitive landscape.
- Evolve and elevate Shake Shack’s social storytelling through both evergreen brand-driven and timely campaigns in partnership with the Brand Comms, Brand Marketing and Regional teams.
- Establish KPIs and routinely develop stories with data and analytics (versus just reporting on the numbers) and identify clear key takeaways and learnings. Uncover insights and develop actionable recommendations for how to optimize and move the brand forward on social media channels based on performance.
- Collaborate with Brand Comms, Brand Marketing and Design teams on creation of creative content and campaigns to drive growth, reach and engagement. Push creative boundaries to create compelling content that shows Shake Shack’s dedication to being cool, culinary and committed while connecting with followers in new ways.
- Oversee community management in partnership with the Hospitality team to make sure engagement across all channels is appropriate, on-brand and as real-time as possible.
- Partner with internal and external teams to oversee and manage the optimization of our social media management platform (Sprinklr) including reporting functionality, tagging hierarchy, template refresh and day-to-day upkeep and maintenance.
- Provide thought leadership on emerging platforms and trends for adoption where appropriate to keep the brand at the forefront of social media development.
- Reports to Director of Brand Communications.
Skills & Knowledge
- An understanding and passion for audience development and growth
- A detail-oriented, process lover through and through
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience working across different teams to inform and produce content
- A strong attention to detail in both written and visual contexts and an “always on” sense of urgency
- Highly creative individual with enthusiasm to conceptualize and implement programs that are disruptive while maintain brand elevation
- Proven ability to engage, connect and build an audience across multiple channels
- Ability to interpret analytics, communicate results and formulate strategy
- 4-6+ years of professional experience managing social media channels, preferably for a lifestyle or hospitality brand
- 4-6+ years of professional experience working with social media management and reporting platforms such as Sprinklr
- 2-4+ years of professional content creation experience; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience writing social creative briefs, ensuring that all teams have the necessary information in order to achieve campaign objectives and KPI’s
- Experience in developing and implementing new approaches and processes
- Must be able to work flexible hours to cover weeknight and weekend duties outside of normal office hours
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.