Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Food Service Equipment Director
The Food Service Equipment Director will lead the sourcing, design, supply and testing for all aspects of kitchen equipment, smallwares and back-of-house category. They will also build and maintain strong manufacturer and dealer relationships.
- Lead and manage relationships with kitchen equipment suppliers, smallwares supplier, and national parts supplier taking responsibility for negotiation of national account pricing and programs.
- Collaborate closely with Operations, Culinary, Construction, Design and Facilitates on kitchen equipment layout, installation specification and custom equipment production for new locations and remodels of current locations.
- Consistently lead and recommend to Operations and Culinary innovative equipment and smallwares suggestions to aid in cooking and labor efficiency for current and new menu items.
- Manage the process of collaboratively partnering with Culinary and Operations on equipment testing to properly vet new equipment, equipment changes and custom alterations.
- Ensure accurate equipment brand standards and custom specifications are maintained and followed by construction, design, distributors and manufacturers.
- Thoroughly analyze proposals and invoices for equipment standards and pricing accuracy.
- Direct and train support staff to maintain equipment according to manufacturer specifications files.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or related field
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Application
- Strong understanding of commercial Kitchen Equipment Supply
- Able to organize large amounts of information
- Certifications: CFSP, PMP and/or CPSM preferred
- 10+ years of multi unit restaurant and equipment manufacturer or distributor experience
- Experience with Autoquotes and Expesite preferred
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we "Stand for Something Good."
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.